Top Social

Pregnancy Diary: Nursery Sneak Peek.

Tuesday, 2 May 2017
 

Baby C is officially due this week! It's only three days until my official due date. I know, I know, only 4% of babies are actually born on their expected due date and you can actually go 2 weeks overdue, which I am expecting. That way it will be a nice surprise if I go earlier! When I found out that we were expecting a new addition one of the first things that got me really excited was decorating the spare room and turning it from the dumping ground (which it had become) to a gorgeous nursery for our baby.

We completely gutted the room from top to bottom! Cleared it out, stripped the walls and ripped the carpet up. We wanted a completely blank canvas that we could really go to town on. We had the room re-plastered, new skirting boards and new laminate put down, we opted for a pale grey laminate with white skirting boards. As we have kept the gender of the baby a surprise, we decided on a really pale mint green colour for the walls. Even if we did know the gender, we still wouldn't have gone down the pink or blue route. We've kept the decorations and little trinkets to a minimum until the baby is here and then we can add more personalised/gender specific bits to the room to really add some colour and finish it off.









The nursery is definitely my favourite room in the whole house! It is so bright and calming. I really Baby C loves it as much as we do.